Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

making | foldover clutch

Sometimes I get the urge to make something.  For example, when I'm out shopping in an upscale village I fall in love with a gorgeous Clare Vivier clutch that is approximately $200 and then realize that it's basically two pieces of fabric and a zipper...  And I'm thinking "I got this, how hard can it be?"

Famous last words.

Anyway, I googled a tutorial (this one), locked myself into the sewing room the other night(s) and emerged victorious.  Nevermind the fact that I had to sew, re-sew, seam rip, sew, re-sew, do and redo a zipper, and get a headache during the whole process.  
It's been a long time since I've sewed something and I'd almost forgotten how good it feels to have a project turn out exactly how you imagined it in your head.  Combined with the fact that I absolutely LOVE fabrics and color and crazy combinations (sewing allows me to put anything I want together!), I need to do this more often!  
(understated on the outside, wild & crazy on the inside!)

Just a warning, the next thing on my list is a tulle skirt.  I just know that I'll end up with tulle up to my pearls and wonder why I didn't order one online.  But what's the fun in that?!?

1 comment:

  1. So cute and so you! Now you can make knock-off Clare Vivier clutches and sell them on Etsy for only $100! ;-) And the tulle skirt... at least tulle is cheap so you can always buy one in case of a failed attempt!

    ReplyDelete