Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

reads | celebrate by pippa middleton

I'm a party planning nut. And a wedding nut!  And I just plain like to arrange things! Like furniture and daffodils and lives...   It's a problem sometimes.

So naturally, when I discovered that Pippa Middleton had released a book on party planning, I was sold.  AND is was as lovely as you'd imagine it to be. 

I adored Pippa's introduction to 'Celebrate', she was delightfully frank and honest with her readers addressing her "rise to fame" on account of her sister, brother-in-law and rear! Haha!

When this book first launched, it was ripped to shreds on the fact that much of the advice was too "simple".  I didn't have the greatest expectations for it, but as I read, I found that Pippa's writing was refreshingly uncomplicated  and her advice a great addition to any entertaining library.  I don't know who the crazy people are who reviewed it first, but, they should know (as I have learned) that party planning is a lost art and that most people aren't familiar with the most "basic" basics. 

My favorite event featured was the "Highland Tea".  Pippa hosted a Scottish themed tea party, complete with tartans, hearty foods and plenty of hot tea.  The thistle centerpieces were so adorable and made me swoon.  I'm definitely stealing this idea!

I can't remember the last time I spent this much on a single book (it retails for $50), but for the quality and timelessness of "Celebrate", I feel that it was well worth the cost and I know it will have a special place on my shelf for many years. 

Have you read "Celebrate" yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment