Pages

Monday, March 23, 2015

delightful | a dream is a wish | part 1

 Sigh...

Wasn't Cinderella the loveliest?

I can't begin to tell you how very much I loved this new film.  After a year of anticipation for this beautiful story (and Disney is a pro at giving you just enough of a preview to drive you crazy! goodness, all of the buzz just about put me over the edge!) I was thrilled to see that one of our local theaters had an early release on Thursday evening.  Some days you just feel like you're winning at the game of life.  


Brooke and another friend were both out of town and unable to join the rest of us sisters.  The theater was showing this   We were in the restored part of the theater with the domed ceilings, it's the very same theater that my grandparents grew up going to.  Anyway, that was just a little extra delightful thing that made my evening even better and didn't go unnoticed by me.  So precious!

Being that I live in a house full of approximately, a lot of girls, we've talked about this movie nonstop.  The costumes, prince charming, "have courage and be kind", prince charming, and HIS EYES!, the subtle ties to the original animated Disney film and OH EVERYTHING!  Knowing how much I love Cinderella, I had friends text me all weekend with their reactions ("I'm in heaven!").  

It was just so much fun!

For giggles, I conducted interviews with all of my sisters in order to give you a well-rounded review of this film.  Enjoy part 1!

abbe:  can I interview you?
brooke:  about what?
abbe:  cinderella
brooke:  I would love to talk about this most perfect movie
abbe:  great!  first, when, where & with whom did you watch this
brooke:  march 13, simpsonville SC IMAX, five boys that I was babysitting
abbe:  sounds like a fun loving group, if you could only use one word to describe this movie, what would it be?
brooke: perfection
abbe:  what is your opinion of prince charming?
brooke:  he was a prince and he was charming, adorable, precious.  yeah, put precious down
abbe:  and cinderella, how do you feel about lily james as cinderella
brooke:  I wasn't too sure at first, but she was lovely
abbe:  what did you snack on?
brooke:  popcorn and the occasional recess pieces from WyWy
abbe:  any other comments?
brooke:  I just thought it was the most beautiful love story

abbe:  please state your name and age
gracie:  my name is gracie and I'm 8
abbe:  thank you, did you go see cinderella?
gracie:  yes
abbe:  if you could only use one word to describe this movie, what would it be
gracie:  love
abbe:  what is your opinion of prince charming?
gracie:  he was pretty darn cute
abbe:  and cinderella, how do you feel about lily james as cinderella
gracie:  pretty
abbe:  any other comments? 
gracie:  I cried my little head off and I wanted a free poster but I didn't get one

abbe:  did you see Cinderella?
mim:  twice
abbe:  that is some dedication, one word?
mim:  golden
abbe:  what is your opinion of prince charming?
mim:  he was excellent but not my style
abbe:  and cinderella, how do you feel about lily james as cinderella
mim:  lilly james was perfect
abbe: snacks?
mim: popcorn, sour worms and cherry coke
abbe:  any other comments? 
mim:  nope
abbe:  thanks

This ballroom scene had all of us over the moon!  I could not have been happier with the final result, the entire movie was fantastical and the details were unbelievable.  I was surprised that I made it through the entire movie without any tears, but I've yet to see it on the IMAX.  I'll let you know how that one hits me.

Have you seen Cinderella yet?  What did you think?  Did it live up to your expectations? Share!

3 comments:

  1. THIS POST. <3 <3 <3 I'm rarely super fan girlish about anything, but this movie? My family doesn't know what to do with me. I have seen it three times and would go again in a heartbeat. I didn't cry, but got a little choked up with the beauty of it...
    I honestly didn't expect to love it as much as I did. Totally exceeded my expectations. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... and seriously, Mim? Prince Charming was not your style?! Is handsome not your style?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete