Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

thoughts | facing my public

My sister and I close our little shop this Monday. I've never closed a shop before, then again I had never opened a shop before either. We have good, even great, reasons for closing. You think the general public would be at least half "okay" with it as we are.

Not a chance.

Please don't get me wrong, I love my customers. They've been lovely to us over the years. It's just that closing brings out the ugly in people. My pride is suffering as people tell me day after day how sad they are that we couldn't make it. I'm so bad at biting my tongue, nodding my head. Instead I jump in and give them all of my reasons. I need to let it go.

I feel like my sincerity is gone.

You can only tell the same story for so long. Today I just started agreeing with the customers and going along with it all. You think we're spies and this is our coverup? How did you ever guess!!! Will we be reopening next month? Do you think we will??? Can you still do special orders? Of course we can (NOT!). I guess we're just tired. It's becoming harder to be gracious as the days go on.

I should also mention that I went the entire day today without coffee.

Let's not do that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment