Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

reads | relish | daphne oz

It's no great surprise that I love all things cooking & entertaining.  I come by it naturally, my parents are both great hosts and we love to have our friends over for meals, parties, or any excuse that we can come up with.  I'm always on the lookout for the latest cookbooks and our independent bookstore in town usually has a great selection.  That being said, I'm not sure how this new book by Daphne Oz totally flew under my radar.  Gracious!  I actually ended up seeing it at Target and Brooke was like "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you about this, it's totally your kinda book".  Thanks a lot girlfriend! 
I resisted buying it for a good two weeks and finally had a weak moment one Sunday night, again, at Target (its a problem) and after leafing through it (again) decided to just do it.  Best decision I made all week!  This is the best new cookbook/entertaining guide I've seen in a long time! I'm going to predict that she is the new Martha Stewart.  The recipes are healthful (she is Dr. Oz's daughter after all) and delicious, super-fresh, beautifully designed with great photos, good tips, and a fun sense of humor throughout the whole book.  (I must also point out that she is a Lilly girl too!  Check out those pants!)
I may end up cooking my way through the whole book at some point... It's that good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment