Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

I'm actually wearing socks today. Socks!  The weather has gotten the best of my vanity.  While I'm slightly neurotic over the point of putting my sandals away on Labor Day, I'll go sock-less until I turn blue.  The temps are in the single digits today.  I'm bundled up like a German immigrant at the turn of the century (fun fact: my great-great-grandparents were immigrants from Germany in the early 1900s).  Albeit a slightly more stylish immigrant, but seriously, I felt like launching into my "Give me your huddled masses" speech whilst layering this morning.

I made a decision a few months ago to look at this winter as a gift from God.  (The previous paragraph was for informative and descriptive purposes only.)  After complaining everyday last year about the freezing temps, and making myself even more miserable.  I came to the conclusion that it just wasn't worth it.  A.W. Tozer wrote in the book "The Sovereignty of God" that a complaint against the weather is a complaint against God.  Why not look at it as a gift instead?  I'm trying to get into the habit of thanking God instead.  Whenever I see snow now, I thank Him for reminding me that "though my sins were as scarlet, He washed them white as snow".  And really, how very beautiful is that?
kate spade mittens would kind-of be useless too.  Thanks to my Momma for such a cozy-wonderful gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment