Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

January 10, 2012

I woke up with sick this morning.  I can't remember the last time that happened, I'm rarely ill.  Part of me wouldn't except it and wanted to just push through and go to work and the other part of me knew that I needed to spend the day resting.  My sweet family finalized the decision for me "We've canceled this morning's planning meeting and things are covered at the shop".  A good four hours of sleep helped so much.  Mom kept checking in on me.  I'm 23 and I still look forward to her knock on my door, she's wonderful.  How do mothers possess that?  The power to heal and soothe just by being present.

She also brought me a tea tray with some of my favorite goodies and a new magazine.  The sound of me biting into delicious, melt in your mouth, french croissant, was also the sound of my healthy eating plan jumping out the window.  But, my word, was it worth it!

Today was a blessing.  A gift if you will.  My weekend was jam-packed with no time to rest and just yesterday I was looking over my to-do list wondering when certain items would ever be done because they require so much thinking time.  Funny thing about being sick in bed, you have plenty of time to think and read.  It was so nice to be able to get several things done while working from my own comfortable bed.

After an a steaming shower (and tea tree aromatherapy action), I'm feeling much better.  I'm thinking some fresh green juice (to counteract the french croissant), some vitamins and a nice run tomorrow morning with have me raring to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment