Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

January 7, 2012

The weather today was unbelievable!  This warm-snap that we've been having is so very strange, but at the same time very welcome.  This time last year found us under many feet of snow, freezing and miserable.  This hearty northern girl went coat less today!  The funniest thing was driving home from the shop and seeing a man out mowing his lawn.  The last time I checked it was still January.  But, oh my word, it smelled so good!


I popped out of the shop for a little while to visit the thrift store around the corner.  After making my baby brother a fabulous little tie for Christmas, several of my friends have requested them.  Thrift stores usually have tons of men's button down shirts that cost only a few dollars and are great fabric for small sewing projects.  I'm really excited about this project because the little ties are lined in a contrasting color that peeks out on the underside.  I love monograms and thought my friends might get a kick of me personalizing them for the boys. One of the little boys has two middle names, which really threw me for a loop.  But a quick google search turned up some neat ideas for incorporating the extra letter.  I think might work.  This is another one of those "instant gratification" projects that are so much fun!


May you have a blessed (and restful) Lord's Day tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment