Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

thoughts | valentines

I was planning to type out an "I hate valentines day" rant. But decided against it.

You're welcome.

I've spent enough of the day bumming around. My poor family is probably planning to exile me to an Alaskan island.

In retrospect it's been a pretty good day for this girl. My parents and siblings are too kind to me, walking on eggshells (I need to work on being nicer to them) and knowing that it's not my favorite day. My brother dropped off roses for all seven of us girls. It was so sweet and unexpected. Dad handed out more roses at dinner along with a thoughtful speech for each of us. Brooke made a fabulous dinner and my girlies made valentine's notes.

I'm so blessed. Why do I forget that?

And then I had an epiphany. Stop being selfish. What if this was my last year of moping around and next year I take the time to invest in and love on all the people who surround me? What if I send the valentines, make the treats and throw the party. I'll bet it would be pretty fun. At least more fun than a pity party. I'm such a slow learner sometimes.

This fact makes me so very thankful for grace. Spurgeon's Morning & Evening this morning was inspiring "never go hungry while the daily bread of grace is on the table of mercy". Let that be the thought of the day. It reminds me of the verse that says "where sin did abound, there, did grace abound all the more".

Grace is abundant for days like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment