Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

travels | hot mess road trip | day seven

Every trip has a breaking point. The day when grace has seemingly run out. I'll admit, my sanctification is not complete, I still get so frustrated with my family. It's a firstborn thing. I just have this deep desire to make things perfect. It doesn't always work. Okay, it rarely works.

So, we made it to the beach and had just a short window of time to spend there. It was cold and grey. After stopping to let the littles run on the beach and then doing lunch at some seafood dive we decided to drive on. To Texas.

Have you ever held a six year old while alligator tears silently fall onto her chunky cheeks. Oh my heart. It broke. She was so disappointed to not be able to play in the sand. I couldn't really even do anything for her, but hold her and tell her that GOD is still good, even when we can't see it. It was such a lesson in the Providence of GOD. I was reminded of how some thing's never change. How we must deal with disappointments at every age. I quietly told her that GOD knew how the weather would be and that HE chose it for us. We don't know why, but HE does.

GOD is always good and I am always loved, Ann Voskamp once wrote.

As I write this, she's completely forgotten the whole episode. Six year olds don't have the greatest recall. A fresh copy of The Fox and the Hound and organic gummy bears seem to cover a multitude. She's back to her perky, pesky self. I love that Miss Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment